Maintaining protection of the information entrusted to our care by our constituents is of the utmost importance to Verdentum.
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website www.verdentum.org (our "Website"), the Verdentum Pro mobile app (Android & IOS) or any other app published by Verdentum and our practices for collecting, using, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website.
- Through our partnered organizations, when you become a member.
- When you interact with us in another way - for example, contacting us with an inquiry.
Verdentum treats your data as if it were private (except if you have made the data available publicly). We don’t sell your data to anyone and we don’t use the data you import for purposes unrelated to you or our services, except in a limited set of circumstances (e.g. if we are compelled by a subpoena, or if you’ve given us permission to do so).
Verdentum safeguards and secures collected data.
Verdentum acts as a mere custodian of that data and Verdentum maintains appropriate and sufficient technical and organizational security measures to protect data.
Information we collect directly from you
You need a Verdentum account before you can use our services. When you register for an account, we collect your organization name, username, name, email address, password, mobile phone number, gender, date of birth and profile image. Your account is created by you after an invitation is received from the organization or individual launching a project on the Verdentum platform. Information wont be shared with any other organization using Verdentum.
You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page or through your assigned User Administrator, depending on which service you are using. You can decide to choose which part of your data to be shown to the other members.
We store your data on an Amazon web services server located in the USA.
Other data you intentionally share.
We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial. We don’t share or abuse your data. Rest assured, Verdentum will not sell your data to any third parties. Information we collect about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us.
We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which web pages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, and timestamps.
We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
If you arrive at a Verdentum website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
Information from page tags.
We use third party tracking services (Google Analytics) that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
How does Verdentum use the information collected?
Generally, we use the information we collect from you in connection with providing our services to you and, on your behalf, to your organisation (which we refer to as “Organizational Partner/s”). For example, specific ways we use this information are listed below.
- To provide you with our services. This includes providing you with customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you (such as with visualization design, survey queries, project reporting and creation or technical troubleshooting).
- In order to provide you with useful options to use the services together with social media and other applications, we may give you the option to export information to, and collect information from, third party applications and websites. When exporting and collecting such information, you may be disclosing your information to the individuals or organizations responsible for operating and maintaining such third party applications and sites, and your information may be accessible by others visiting or using those applications or sites. We do not own or operate the applications or websites that you connect with, and you should review the privacy policies and statements of such websites to ensure you are comfortable with the ways in which they use the information you share with them.
- To manage our services. We internally use your information, including certain data, for the following limited purposes:
- To monitor, maintain, and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyse and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services, including to help us evaluate or devise new features within our services. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, and for service improvement, product update information, research and development purposes.
- To enforce our Terms of Service.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity.
- To create new services, features or content. We may use your data and metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a service) for our internal purposes to create and provide new services, features or content. In relation to metadata, we may look at statistics such as the average number of questions in a survey and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, individual creators will not be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- To facilitate account creation and the logon process.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to your organization.
- To contact you for marketing purposes. We will only do this if you have consented to our contacting you for this purpose. For example, during the account registration process we may ask for your permission to use your information to contact you for promotional purposes, or via a form on our website.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
With whom do we share or disclose your information? We don’t sell your data. When might we disclose your data to your parent organization?
We may disclose:
Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
Your information if there’s a change in organization ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our organization changes, or we undertake a reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between Verdentum entities, you expressly consent to Verdenutm transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, Verdentum will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
What are your rights to your information? You may:
Update your account details. You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page or through your assigned User Administrator, depending on which service you are using.
Access and correct your personal information. As an account holder, you may access and correct certain personal information that Verdentum holds about you by setting various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page or through your assigned User Administrator, depending on which service you are using.
Account holders and other individuals have certain legal rights to obtain information of whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. For some information, these rights may be exercised through setting various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page or through your assigned User Administrator, depending on which service you are using as mentioned above, and in all cases, requests to exercise these rights may be directed to email@example.com. These rights are subject to some exceptions, such as where giving you access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time and, where required by law or where we deem it otherwise appropriate and practicable to do so, we will honour your request.
Deleting your data.
To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your data if you request to cancel your account, taking into account our retention policy. However, if your data was previously made available to the public through a public link, additional copies of your data may remain available even after your account has been deleted.
Cancelling your account.
To cancel and delete your user account, please contact your employer who has the authority and permission to control users in the relevant Verdentum service. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law). To request all personal data be removed from the Verdentum, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For how long do we retain your data?
We retain your data for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on offsite backup media up to 6 months afterward.
Security, cookies and other important information
Verdentum is committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. We maintain appropriate and sufficient technical and organizational security measures to protect data. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorised third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, contact email@example.com.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, if you do not accept cookies you may not be able to use all aspects of the Service.
- To provide you with personalized content. We may store user preferences, such as your default language, in cookies to personalize the content you see.
List of Cookies We Use
Below is the list of cookies we use.
Purpose and data
Keep track of the users session, this is needed to login.
used to protection against Cross Site Request Forgeries
Override any security restrictions based on the IP
address the visitor is coming from.
Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate
Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
The NID cookie contains a unique ID Google
uses to remember your preferences and other
information, such as your preferred language
(e.g. English), how many search results you wish
to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20),
and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch
filter turned on.
These cookies are used to gather website statistics, and track
Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map.
While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear
to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number
and behaviour of Google Maps users.
Safety of Children.
Our services are not intended for and may not permissibly be used by individuals under the age of 13. Verdentum does not knowingly collect personal data from persons under 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected or processed personal data from such a person, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact our Data Compliance Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org